I spray painted the iron bed black. The side table is from IKEA. To make the zebra print on the top, I covered it with clear contact paper, drew the zebra stripes with a sharpie, cut out every other stripe with an exacto knife, then spray painted it white. When I removed the remaining contact paper -- presto! Zebra top table!
I did not want to paint the furniture. It was beautiful, high quality oak furniture in perfect condition. But in the end, the girl needed furniture, the client was downsizing to a smaller house, and it actually turned out much better than I expected. Since this was one of several projects I was working on for this particular client, and she wanted it all finished before she moved in, I subcontracted out the painting of the furniture to a friend. He was more appauled at the thought of painting it black than I was, but he did it. He was a life saver! The drawer pulls were originally brass, but I've found this amazing little product called "Rub-n-Buff" that I used for the new patina.