Monday, April 20, 2009

The "All things Jack" table and chairs

New clients are fabulous. Having said that, there's something to be said for doing work for a friend that knows you well enough to give you an unfinished kids table and chairs set from IKEA, a favorite picture of a nursery rhyme, and tells you, "I trust you." That's just all kinds of awesome.

My friend Sherrie wanted to get her grandson a very special gift for his first birthday. His name is Jack. Sherrie is a teacher. Several years ago, a mom gave her a picture of the Jack and Jill nursery rhyme. That was the inspiration for this table and chair set.

I took the pictures of this work in my dining room. I realize the red is a bit overwhelming, but imagine the table in a little boy's room or in a kitchen.

A word of advice: If you use paint pens, be careful! I found out the hard way that some of them will bleed horribly when you clear coat the piece. I had to remove all the wording and hand paint it all over again! The pens ended up costing me more time in the long run.








1 comment:

Wendy said...

Love, love, love this set!!!