Friday, January 8, 2010

Ocean Blue with an aged finish


Husband wants a sky blue laundry room with clouds. Wife wants the laundry room to flow with the rest of the house.

Compromise?

Take the subtle teal-blue tones from the faux tile fireplace niche I painted for them in the family room into the laundry room,

then give it an aged finish that will somewhat mimic the faux finish I painted for them in the kitchen.



The picutres aren't great, and I want to get some more after they decorate in there. I suggested a travel theme with vintage, aged travel posters and old maps. If I get back over there, I'll post some updated shots.





The finish is pretty straight forward. Base coat with blue satin paint, then glaze over with burnt umber glaze. Moving the washer and dryer and getting behind there? Not so easy...

13 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I love it. Looks so fresh!! xxoo

♥ Kathy said...

It's pretty over here!

Shark Bait said...

MMMMm! Ocean Blue.

Nell said...

What a beautiful home you have. I think the color looks great.

Nell

Amber Lynae said...

I love your work. Where do you get your burnt umber glaze. I would love to use some in my kitchen finish.

Anonymous said...

creative and beautiful!

caryjo said...

Had to chuckle. The handles on the dryer and washer look like they are "looking" out from the ocean. Whatcha got hidden in there, HUH?

One thing about it: wouldn't become dozy while sorting and shifting clothes around. Nice and bright!

Unknown said...

i am following your blog. you are ivited to follow my blog

Peter P said...

"The finish is pretty straight forward."

Pretty straight forward.... HA!

You have no idea how gifted you are!

Pretty straight forward...

(PS I HATE Blogger!)

Sarah said...

You encourage me to get out the paint brushes!

Delighted to stop by today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. THis looks like a nice place to slip off my shoes and soak in serious goodness.

Splashin,
Sara

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

you are super capable.
lovely painting,
beautiful home you have made.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/10/31/halloween-party-at-jingle-poetry-monday-poetry-potluck-tomorrow/

Happy Halloween to you.
Hope to see you at our poetry potluck Halloween party tonight. Post a poem on Halloween, or share an old poem unrelated to the theme, link in as soon as we are open, that’s how you get the best result of feedback.
Feel free to take any awards from this post, enjoy!
xxx

L.L. Barkat said...

Very, very cool.

Great compromise too. :)